Warm and Fuzzies: Udi's Chocolate Chip Cookies


[a ongoing blog series dedicated to the things that make me warm and fuzzy]


Everyone has their comfort food. Everyone might be able to choose one thing to eat for the rest of the lives if there were no health consequences. Everyone has a food that they crave on any given day, at any given moment.



So imagine that my whole world was destroyed when I found out I had a gluten intolerance. My famous chocolate chip cookie recipe was no more. I could no longer eat my friends' cookies...

And if you don't know me, cookies and I go WAAAY back. Cookies ARE my comfort food. It's severe enough where I rate my days according to how many cookies I need to eat. (Like last week, it got up to a 4 cookie day... all by 11am.) ... and I'm not even categorized as an emotional eater! I'm an emotional sleeper! I sleep things off!

About a month ago, my father-in-law came over with some goodies. I had told him about a brand called Udi's and that I was trying to find their bread since it has been the only gluten-free kind I've liked.



Well, to my surprise, he not only found the bread, but some magical CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! These weren't even advertised on Udi's website, so I nearly just cried because I've had some nasty gluten-free desserts in the past months. NASTY, I tell ya.

Not these cookies. These cookies were... Chewy. Great texture (if you're a GF person, you know texture is huge and can be hit-or-miss). DELICIOUS.



So this month's Warm and Fuzzy goes too... Udi's Chocolate Chip Cookies! They saved my sweet tooth ways!








(Yes. I have a reindeer glass, and I use it YEAR ROUND! :D ... and yes, just like my life, my glass is ALWAYS half-full. Take that, cruel world and seasonal change!)


My father-in-law has found these at his local Kroger's. Kroger's supposedly has an entire Udi's product line in their bakery section... it's an elusive stand at the Kroger's near me, and I never found it... so at least the Newport News one has 'em!

Thank you, Udi's, for having such a great tasting cookie that Celiacs and gluten-intolerant people can eat. Yes, the Snickerdoodles and Oatmeal Raisin are good, but your chocolate chip is far superior. Much love!

- Chelsea :)

No comments :

Post a Comment