Jane Austen Stylized Shoot = Life Fulfilled.

Many people say I get excited over the little things. It's true. I won't lie. I'm easily excitable about a LOT of things. Like my dinosaur-themed birthday party this November. Excited enough to start a Pinterest board for it.

But there are also things that completely obliterate my joy into a word I don't even know how to describe.

I entered college already loving to read. I love books. I love being transported out of reality for a little bit into a world that I'll never get to experience. It was my way of relating to the world and learning from it. It was my escape, my teacher, and my muse.


jane austen book
[Yeah, I know I'm holding an Alcott book NOT an Austen one. That will be rectified in the Fall. I do love Louisa May though. ;) ]


I majored in English with a concentration in 18th and 19th century British literature. And so the obsession began with Jane Austen.

She is witty, captivating through her characters, and she wrote what everyday life was like. No magic, no special effects. Just day-to-day happenings. But there is something extraordinary about her work. She turns every ordinary character into something extraordinary.

What I hope to do with my own photography. And this is where Bit of Ivory comes in.

It's pretty publicized that my whole business is named after Austen's reference to her own writing. Even the clever will pick up that my wedding collections are all Austen heroines.

Now what does this have to do with a Jane Austen stylized shoot?

Only EVERYthing. Okay, maybe not. But still. It's pretty big.

A few months ago, I made an announcement that I was traveling to Paris and London in August. A UK friend and designer, Melissa Love, saw this and knew I was one of the gals behind Orchestrated Stylized Shoots... she asked if I'd help her with organizing a stylized shoot in the UK. And knowing my affinity for Austen, she suggested doing a Jane Austen shoot.

My heart dropped, swelled, bursted, exploded, imploded, whatever adjective to describe immense joy.

That's how it started. And so we begin. Next Tuesday, Meghan and I will be on our way to Paris, working our little wheels of business and leisure then onwards to London/West Sussex for our shoot.

On August 15, 2011, we will meet 30 other photographers and revel back in time to the days of Austen goodness. It couldn't get more perfect than this. It's like I dove into Shannon Hale's novel Austenland. But for photographers!

Just wait.

There is a Mr. Darcy model. He will be in a lake. In breeches. Yes. Oh, heavens yes.

I hope to be blogging more thoroughly throughout this lovely business trip to Europe... there will be a theme and some pretty amazing things happening.

To find out more about the shoot, check out the dedicated website.
JANE AUSTEN STYLIZED SHOOT WEBSITE


See you on the other side of the pond!

- Chelsea :)

2 comments :

  1. I was also an English major, and I, too, enjoy Jane Austen. "Pride and Prejudice" was the first book I read to my daughter while she was still in utero. ;)

    Have a blast in London!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Robyn! Kindred spirits! :)

    ReplyDelete