Whitney + Kevin : The Couple Who Will Save Lives | Philadelphia Engagement Session

I swear I'm forever surrounded by the medical field. With Rusty in nursing school and quite a few other Bit of Ivory brides/grooms working in hospitals, it only added to the smiles and chuckles when Whitney and Kevin both told me they were in medical school right now. Plethora of health knowledge... abounds!

We first "met" on Skype for their consultation, and they seemed so calm and collected; I instantly loved them. I'll share a little secret... I'm not the best Skyper. Ever. I get a bit nervous; it's that whole video+voice thing! That's where my "I was born 200 years too late" personality seeps in, and I'd much prefer having a cup of cocoa and chatting in a cozy living room. But this lovely pair was out-of-town, preparing their future to save lives, so technology saves the day!

As a little sentimental sidebar... I can't thank my clients enough for the honor of not only choosing me for their events, but letting me hear their stories. I get to meet the most awesome people... world changers with amazing hearts for what they do. I love it!

You see, Whitney loves the kiddos and is going into pediatrics, and Kevin has a big background in sports and is going into orthopedics. It doesn't get much cooler than that! Though when my father-in-law had his knee replaced, Kevin was fascinated, and I was grossed out. This is why I won't be saving lives. I'll just stick to documenting them. :P

We met at Washington Square Park in Center City Philadelphia. It was rainy on-and-off all day... and so we acted fast during the period the weather said "no rain." These beautiful people rocked it out despite the damp weather with a lovely hot pink umbrella, their little pup Deena, and their sweet affection for each other. I can't wait for their Newport News wedding in April! :)

Many best wishes, you two, as you figure and finish out your interviews for your first year residencies! Can't wait to hear updates!

philadelphia engagement

washington square park










- Chelsea :)

No comments :

Post a Comment