Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

All over Hampton Roads, Facebook statuses called out the arrival of our first real snow this morning. It really is an exciting time, especially for a place that rarely sees the white stuff actually stick. Granted, the snow is a month late and should have been here for my wedding... but I'll take what I can get. ;)

What I love most about the wintry season is you really see how resilient nature is. It's when their stubbornness really shows and says, "Ha! I may have nothing on my branches, but you'll see in a few months when spring comes back!" I suppose I can relate. :) I love the patterns, weight, and textures of snow on plants. Each plant is different with its reaction... and it's really awesome to witness. One little snowflake becomes many, many snowflakes. And it's a whole new ballgame for how strong a leave is.

My husband and I woke up around 7:30 this morning (which is becoming a terrible ritual for a sleep-in Saturday)... and darted outside before the neighborhood children got hold of the snow. We wanted to play in it first! :) So here are some of our antics and findings...










Stay warm!
-- Chelsea :)

No comments :

Post a Comment