Weekend Wisdom from Henry Thoreau.

This is one of my busiest months of the year, and so Henry Thoreau's words rang especially true.

What are we busy about? Are we meaningful busy? Are we making sure that busyness isn't affecting our family and personal lives? Why do we stay busy? Are we busy to change the world? Or are we busy dealing with meddlesome situations?

I don't know about you, but I use busyness as an excuse sometimes. There. I said it! I get overwhelmed and busyness is a lovely little scapegoat packaged in purpose. But not always a good one and relationships can be affected by it.

As we go into the holiday season, it's my goal to let go of the meaningless busy and embrace the meaningful busy. Makin' the moments count! Because when it's all said and done... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" - Erma Bombeck.


ThoreauBusy


- Chelsea :)

No comments :

Post a Comment