The Christmas Wreaths of Colonial Williamsburg.

The best part about being your own boss is being able to make the decision to take the entire month of December off so you can take care of life, get business-ready for the next year, celebrate holidays and anniversary, and really just take photos for photos' sake. I don't take photos for "me" often enough and so enforcing a "lull" is a blessing for me!

Rusty and I are celebrating out first year anniversary this year, and he surprised me a few weeks ago to tell me we were going to spend Christmas Day/Night in Colonial Williamsburg. AHHH, I said. And immediately instated that it be a tradition every year now. We began our lives together there. 'Nuff said.

That snow storm that hit? Yep, we were totally there. And I couldn't be happier with staying an extra day because of it. I was in my favorite spot in Hampton Roads, and the answered prayer of snow only made matters BETTER.

Alas, I digress... throughout the Historic Area, there are Christmas wreaths galore with beautiful colors displayed within them. All natural. No glitter sparkles. No plastic berries or icicles. No blow-up snowmen. No animatronic creatures. Their annual decorations are WHY we got married there last year. And any bride loooves to use perfect pre-existing decorations!

On Christmas Day, the lighting was splendid! Overcast. Hazy. And downright chilly. My favorite!

And so just like our grand reception entrance with the fife and drums, we begin...

(This post is picture-heavy, but promises mega-design eye candy!)

Blog1

Blog2

Blog4

Blog8

Blog9

Blog10

Blog11

Blog12

Blog13

Blog16

Blog17

Blog18

Blog19

Blog20

Blog21

Blog23

Blog24

Blog25

Blog26

And for a hint of the next snowy post on this blog...

Blog27


(And for those camera lovers... all of these were taken with the awesome Nikon D40-- my forever-and-always camera of choice. I started my business with it (no feather-and-tarring, please!), but it has been retired to vacations now to let the newer Nikons do all the hard work. ;) Proof you don't need a crazy expensive camera!)

- Chelsea :)

No comments :

Post a Comment